- Going to the beach early or late in the day when the raging sun is not out.
- Swimming in the pool as soon as you get back from the ocean- refreshing!
- Having a private dock on the bay in your backyard so your hubby and your brother can fish without having to plan trips to the pier.
- Watching manatees swim by you on the dock, literally feet from where you are standing! And making fun of my mom and brother for throwing fish chunks at them... they didn't realize they are herbivores. (insert rolleyes)
- Family reunions- I love bonding with my sister-in-law, watching my husband bond with my older brother, watching Bailey bond with her cousin Maria and watching Jake & his cousin shed their awkwardness and begin to bond.
- The food- everyone had to bring a meal to cook- we had my mom's Chicken & Yellow Rice last night- delicious! Tonight we're having my dad's Linguine & Clam Sauce. I'll be making Pastitsio. My sister-in-law Jenny is making tacos with slow roasted chipotle beef and my niece Sierra is making an orzo chicken dish. Yummy!
- The luck we've had- the house we rented was lacking a door on one of the adult bedrooms...yeah, that's not happening. My parents complained and the rental company moved us to a new house...a 4 million dollar mansion on 2 acres with a ginourmous pool and a private dock in the back. Plus, it came with a golf cart so we didn't need to rent one.
- The funny things that have happened- first, the fish craziness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE47n_y9Y2Q and then the owner of the house coming for a visit because the realty company failed to let him know that we were coming! He was in a rental car, so he must have come from far away. We felt so bad, but he was a good sport and even gave us the milk and OJ that he had picked up for his stay!
- Wireless. I couldn't live without wireless!
- Shelling. We already have a lovely collection- I just love shelling!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Top Ten Tuesday
The Top Ten Things... so far on this beach trip.