Tuesday, February 24, 2009
My Top Ten Favorite Shows
Amanda started a Top Ten Tuesday, so I thought I'd join in. If you likey, head over there to see more!
McDreamy, McSteamy & Taye Diggs. How can you go wrong? A good storyline helps!
3. House- I love Hugh Laurie from Stuart Little to Jeeves & Wooster. House is no exception, even though it's a total turnaround from the slapstick comedy roles that he is known for in England.
4. Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations- Tony is my main man. There is nothing more satisfying to me than a No Reservations marathon. I could watch this show all day and I have. Witty, dry humor. It's all about the attitude, baby.
5. Prison Break Wentworth Miller...those eyes...need I say more?
6. Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. This is serious tv for serious foodies. Who wouldn't want to watch this? Ok, fine, if the thought of watching a loudly chewing man down some bull's penis and testicles or a chicken uterus, makes you want to hurl, then you may not have the stomach for this show. It's my kind of entertainment!
7. Big Love- everyone's favorite polygamist family. The cast is fab- Bill Paxton, Chloe Sevigny, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Tina Majorino and more. Plus it's produced by Tom Hanks, so it's quality. This season is the best yet. If you haven't watched this show yet, it's a great rent.
8. Dexter- everyone's favorite psychopathic serial killer. But, he's on the good side, you see...he only kills really, really bad people...and he's a cop...and he's going to be a daddy soon...and...oh, fine, he's a serial killer, but I love him.
9. The Colbert Report- What can I say about Stephen Colbert? Brilliant comedy. Can you handle the truthiness?
10. Soup- who doesn't love to watch Joel McHale make fun of all the other tv shows out there? My favorite is the Reality Clip of the Week.
Amazing Coke BBQ pork roast
Place a pork shoulder (4-5 lbs) in the crockpot. Pour 1 can of Coke over it. Cook for 8 hours on low. Pour out the juices and trim the fat. (there is a lot with a shoulder, but the chunks of meat pull right off, so it's not hard once it's cooked). Pour your favorite my favorite BBQ sauce over it and cook for another 2 hours on low. Serve on buns or by itself. Soooooo good. My family ate the whole 4 lb roast (there are four of us!)
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
In they go.
I don't think he's enjoying them.
At this point he's screaming, "WATER!!"
He's a big baby.
My little girl had to prove that she could handle it. Check out the face as she downs 5 peas.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Jake, who has always needed glasses, but only a little bit, thus his refusal to wear them, had his eyes checked. With one eye, he couldn't see the E. Yes, I said the E!!! One eye is 400 and one eye is 100 (or around that). And, with his lovely baby blues, he also needs shades, so we got him a pair that has those magnetized sunglasses that pop on. Expect pictures in a few days!
- What did Kate do with Aaron? Did she send him to Sun's mom? To his grandmother?
- Why is Sayid in handcuffs and why would he be taken to Guam?
- What happened to Ben's face?
- Why doesn't Walt have to go back?
- Why don't Aaron and Ji Yeon have to go back?
- How did Hurley end up on the plane?
- Once they get on the island- where are Sun, Sayid, Locke & Ben?
- What year are they in?
- How did Jin infiltrate Dharma? I assume this because of his uniform and the new VW van.
Come on- play with me! And check out Jorge's blog- he has some cool on set photos.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
The cake even features little characters!
How cute is the little Hurley character?
Speaking of Hurley, I'm reading along and enjoying the pictures of the cake when I read at the end that the photos were taken from Jorge Garcia's blog. Um, what? Jorge Garcia has a blog? About LOST? I haven't been this happy since I found Lostpedia and it's delicious theories. So, I thought I'd pass along the info, just in case I'm not the last person to hear about it! I'm off to read the blog.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Seriously? Now, I'm not going to go there with the girls who got in and aren't as good as him because it's a number game. They have even numbers of girls and guys.
Alex over Jamar? I think not.
Jorge over Jamar? Certainly not.
Nick over Jamar? Heavens no.
Norman over Jamar? Who are you kidding?
Oh wait...Nick is Norman. And a resounding NO is heard.
As much as I like him (as a singer, not his annoying crying), Nathaniel over Jamar? Mmmm, no. Even though I'm pretty sure we have the same haircut!
I think the judges missed out because he WAS different. He DID stand out. He was an attractive guy who sang incredibly. And they missed out because of the likeability (that spelling just doesn't look right!) factor because of the journey that he and his best friend, Danny Gokey, made.
By the way... where are Danny's glasses in this promo pic? He looks better with glasses. Sort of like me!
Paula, Simon, Randy, Cara... I'm disappointed and I think you made a mistake. Buuuut, I predict now that Danny will win this thing and I bet you think so too. Next year, I'll be looking for my man, Jamar!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Kathy’s Crab Dip
1 can cream of mushroom soup (no water)
1 envelope unflavored Knox gelatin
1 cup thinly sliced celery
2-3 thinly sliced green onions
1-8oz cream cheese
1 cup mayo
1-2 cans crab meat
Ritz crackers or snack crackers
Dissolve gelatin in 3 T cold water...set aside Heat soup and when heated add gelatin Let soup and gelatin cool Add remainder of recipe, mix well Season with garlic powder, onion powder and salt to taste Chill in mold over night. Unmold and serve with crackers.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Did you know that President Obama gives a video message to the country every week? It's in the section called, "Your Weekly Address." I also think this is great! It's nice to have the leaders of our country speaking right to the regular people.
If you haven't checked out the new website, head on over here.