So, I've been reading Kathy's "Losing It" posts for some time now. It wasn't until this past week when she hit the 100s instead of the 200s on the scale that I felt motivated! I'm so happy for her and I want it too!
I've done weight watchers, I've counted points, I've counted calories, I've done many diets. I don't want to "do a diet." So, I decided that for the next few weeks until we go on our trip to New Mexico, I am going to eat a completely natural, whole foods, vegan diet. (It's pretty much the Daniel Fast, but without the religious part) I can eat fruits, veggies and whole grains. I am not planning on staying vegan- I'm using this as a cleanse. I plan to add meat in a few weeks. That's it. It sounds SO limiting, but I've actually eaten a lot of yummy foods this week. Here is a sample of what I have eaten:
- apples with natural peanut butter
- mixed nuts- pistacios, walnuts, almonds
- brown rice cakes with natural peanut butter and all fruit jelly
- tabbouli- a bulgar wheat salad
- big salads with spinach, avocado, walnuts and tomatoes from my garden and homemade dressing
- taco salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, black beans
- veggie broth with green onions and tofu
- fried rice with tofu and edamame
- rice with lentil curry
- lots and lots of fruit!
- sandwich on whole wheat bread from a local bakery (thanks for the tip OhAmanda!)
For more weight loss motivation, head over to the House of Hills!