I am going through some trying times right now and I am in need of feeling good. Here are the top ten things I am doing.
1. Using lots of Baby Magic lotion. Huh? Wha? My babies (now almost 14 and 11) always were slathered with Baby Magic lotion. I loved the scent, but haven't seen it in stores for years. The other day, I saw it at Wal-Mart and bought a huge bottle of it. I have used it every day and felt such comfort in the smell of my babies.
2. Listening to lots of Glee music. Did you know that there are hundreds of songs for purchase on itunes by the Glee Cast? Songs like I Want to Hold Your Hand, Empire State of Mind, Poker Face, Billionaire and Bohemian Rhapsody!
The Big Bang Theory. Other than the new episodes on Thursday nights at 8pm, I have all three seasons on DVD and I watch them often. If I'm in a funk, all it takes is a Bazinga, and I'm feeling better!
4. Talking to friends- I have talked to, texted or chatted with some of my best friends this week. I've even started planning a Christmas get together with my bffs from high school- Amy, Ryan, Rog and Alex. Amy and Rog have little babies, so hopefully I'll get to snuggle them. Amy is coming from NJ, Rog from IN and Ryan is coming all the way from Singapore, so it's quite the year for them all to be here- that has never happened! Alex and I live here.
The last time I saw Amy was Thanksgiving 2008. Here is Alex, Amy and I. This was a few months before I chopped all my hair off. Now, I'm trying to grow it back to this!
The last time I saw Rog and Ryan was Christmas 2008. Here is Rog, Stacey (who can't make it this year), Ryan and me. I was making the transition from mid-length to short and the following month I chopped it all off! Alex was there that day too, just not in this pic. I need to scan some pics of us from high school...
5. Getting psyched about the OAMM tweet-up and seeing some great friends that I usually only get to skype with. I'll get to hang with my usual IRL Sisterchicks- Amanda, Mandi and Staci, but I'll also get to hang with some of the #sisterchicks like Jessie, Christine, Jill and the OAMM blog author, Tricia.
6. Keeping busy with the kids- Jake has two band concerts this week, Bailey has her first swim meet this weekend, all three of us have dentist visits next week (me for a root canal....), Halloween parties, Haunted House visits, and more...
7. Laughing a lot- I get to do that a lot this year because of one of my students. I can't blog about school stuff, but I can say that I am having fun this year and I laugh hard EVERY day! I can officially say that it is a blessing to have a child with Down Syndrome. Hard? Yes. Worth it? Definitely. It is a travesty that our society is exterminating unborn babies with DS.
8. Getting psyched about the OAMM tweet-up because I have some of my IRL non-bloggy friends coming too- 3 so far! One of my friends is coming who has just started blogging about her 100 lb weight loss. She has had more than 6000 hits in as many weeks- crazy high traffic. Dance Party For One is a blog you must check out.
9. Making plans to go out with my IRL sisterchicks Amanda, Mandy, Mandi, Kristen and Staci this Friday. We LOVE cupcakes and there is a new cupcake place nearby that is open late (very hard to find them open past 6pm). It's called Cloud 9 Frozen Yogurt and Cupcakes and it's adorable. We're going to cook dinner and then go grab some cupcakes. We will also finalize plans for our annual Sisterchick Christmas Party!
10. Hanging out at my parents house. I just started driving over there the other night. Spur of the moment, impromptu...called and said I'm coming over, don't go to bed yet. I had such a nice time hanging out with them. They fed me yummy collards and blue crab. How's that for a welcome! It's nice to be able to run home to your childhood house. Not much can comfort you like going "home."
Check out all the rest of the Top Ten Tuesdays at OhAmanda.com.