There is a new Disney movie coming out on March 11th called Mars Needs Moms that looks super cute. First off, Joan Cusack and Seth Green voice some of the characters, and who doesn't like that?! Secondly, it's about MOMS! Faboo! The premise of the movie is that the aliens are stealing the moms from Earth to raise their own kids- hilarious! It seems like it's for the older crowd- maybe over kindergarten age because the aliens are a little frightening. I think my 11 year old will LOVE it! The graphics are excellent- it's like watching Men in Black. The music also looks like it will be great. Check out the trailer below.
I'm giving away a youth sized shirt, adult sized shirt and a 3-pack of temporary tattoos this Sunday! To enter, just leave a comment telling me who you would take to this movie!
ITEMS FOR GIVEAWAY:
- MARS NEEDS MOMS T-Shirt (Adult Size)
- MARS NEEDS MOMS T-Shirt (Youth Size)
- MARS NEEDS MOMS Temporary Tattoos (3-pack)
Here is a trailer for the movie.
MARS NEEDS MOMS (In Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D)
WALT DISNEY PICTURES/IMAGEMOVERS DIGITAL
Genre: Comedy Adventure
U.S. Release Date: March 11, 2011
Cast: Seth Green, Dan Fogler, Elisabeth Harnois, Mindy Sterling, Kevin Cahoon and Joan Cusack
Director: Simon Wells
Producers: Robert Zemeckis, Jack Rapke, Steve Starkey, Steven Boyd
Screenplay by: Simon Wells & Wendy Wells
Based on the book by: Berkeley Breathed
Take out the trash, eat your broccoli—who needs moms, anyway? Nine-year-old Milo (Seth Green) finds out just how much he needs his mom (Joan Cusack) when she’s nabbed by Martians who plan to steal her mom-ness for their own young. Produced by the team behind “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and “The Polar Express,” “Mars Needs Moms” showcases Milo’s quest to save his mom—a wild adventure in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D that involves stowing away on a spaceship, navigating an elaborate, multi-level planet and taking on the alien nation and their leader (Mindy Sterling). With the help of a tech-savvy, underground earthman named Gribble (Dan Fogler) and a rebel Martian girl called Ki (Elisabeth Harnois), Milo just might find his way back to his mom—in more ways than one.
· Berkeley Breathed, a Pulitzer-Prize winner for his comic strip “Bloom County,” is the author and illustrator of the book “Mars Needs Moms.” The story was inspired by a particular moment of disagreement that took place between his son Milo and his wife.
· Producer Robert Zemeckis, who wrote, directed and produced “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and “The Polar Express,” is a pioneer in performance-capture filmmaking. The process digitally captures the performances of the actors with computerized cameras in a full 360 degrees, allowing actors like Jim Carrey and Tom Hanks to play several roles of varying ages in one film, and for 36-year-old Seth Green to portray a 9-year-old.
Produced by the team behind “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and “The Polar Express,” “Mars Needs Moms” showcases nine-year-old Milo’s (Seth Green) quest to save his mom (Joan Cusack) from Martians—a wild adventure in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D that involves stowing away on a spaceship, navigating an elaborate, multi-level planet and taking on the alien nation and their leader (Mindy Sterling).
Become a fan of MARS NEEDS MOMS on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/MarsNeeds
and don't forget to enter the Mars Needs Moms Giveaway to win a Nissan Quest!!!