Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Help

A few weeks ago I would have told you that if you could see ONE movie this summer, it should be The Bridesmaids.  While I still think it's one of the funniest movies ever, I now would have a different answer. If you can only see one movie...it should be The Help.  I would go as far as to say that everyone NEEDS to see it  The movie was surprisingly funny, which was unexpected.  The acting is just superb.  Emma Stone did a great job in the hard role of Skeeter, Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer NEED to win an Oscar for their roles as Aibilene & Minny. I could easily say that every role was amazing acting.  Some of the other big names are Bryce Dallas Howard, Cicely Tyson, Chris Lowell (Private Practice) and Nelson Ellis (True Blood). 

What can I even say about this movie that would do it justice?  The entire theater laughed together, cried together and laughed some more. Watch this trailer...it gave me chills even now...and then go see The Help- it comes to theaters tomorrow.



“Like” THE HELP on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/thehelpmovie.


THE HELP opens in theatres everywhere on Aug 10th. 
Based on one of the most talked about books in years and a #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon,  “The Help” stars Emma Stone (“Easy A”) as Skeeter, Academy Award®–nominated Viola Davis (“Doubt”) as Aibileen and Octavia Spencer as Minny—three very different, extraordinary women in Mississippi during the 1960s,  who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed—even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times.

Deeply moving, filled with poignancy, humor and hope, “The Help” is a timeless and universal story about the ability to create change.


Disclaimer- I was given two passes to a screening of The Help in exchange for my review.  

1 comment:

  1. I read the book last week, because almost everyone I know was talking about it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!