Thursday, March 15, 2012

John Carter review

I recently had the pleasure of being invited to the John Carter movie premiere.  Let me tell you, this movie is a must see.  The funny thing is, as soon as I left the film, I wrote on facebook "John Carter- think Star Wars crossed with Avatar crossed with StarGate" and then a week later I saw a commercial that said, "Before Star Wars and before Avatar, there was John Carter."  Imagine how much I laughed at that!  My daughter even said- you copied that commercial, didn't you mom? NO- but it is a perfect description.

The basic synopsis is that John Carter, a man living in the 1800s gets magically transported to Mars, or Basoon.  The movie chronicles his journey through this land that is inhabited by alien creatures as well as humans. 

"Considered by many to be the first space hero, John Carter was introduced to the world in American writer Edgar Rice Burroughs’ story “Under the Moons of Mars,” which was published serially in All-Story magazine before being renamed and published as the novel “A Princess of Mars” in 1917. Burroughs would go on to
write 10 more books in what came to be known as the “Barsoom” series—Barsoom being Burroughs’ name for the planet Mars. Since the book’s publication, some of the 20th century’s greatest minds in art, literature and science have credited it with inspiring and motivating their work."

"Like" JOHN CARTER on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JohnCarterMovie and visit the official site: http://www.disney.com/johncarter 

JOHN CARTER is now playing in theatres everywhere!

5 comments:

  1. I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of
    house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web
    site. Reading this information So i'm glad to convey that I've a very good
    uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I so much no doubt will make sure to do not omit this web site and give it a glance on a continuing basis.
    My page: The Truth Teller show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ideal internet blogshop for wholesale &
    quantity korean accessories, accessories, earstuds, necklace, rings, bracelet, bangle & hair
    add-ons. Offer 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
    Check out my website ; Onesies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how can
    we communicate?
    My homepage :: illinois skills match jobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time
    a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thanks a lot!
    my site: Trick Photography and Special Effects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saved as a favorite, I really like your site!


    Feel free to visit my webpage: cfnmfever.net

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!